Pages

Monday, June 8, 2015

15 productive things to do this summer


Hi everybody! like I said in my post from last week, i’m on summer vacation! The high school musical 2 soundtrack has been played nonstop by me. As much as we love summer, we often find ourselves thinking “what am I going to do all summer!?” And the answer seems to be “watch netflix in our pajamas all day and maybe socialize twice.” But that just feels so unsatisfying very quickly!

I’m someone who can be a binge watcher occasionally, but I love being productive and of course checking things off lists. This summer i’m planning on having a “project or assignment of the week”, whether that be a craft (i’m not the most pinterest-y DIY kind of chick) or learning a new fun piece on the piano! Here’s 20 things to make you feel great and inspired this summer, and it doesn’t include “change your instagram theme” or “find something new at starbucks”

1)learn to play an instrument or a new piece of music (ukulele anyone?)
2)learn to cook my grandmother and mom are gonna have to help me here
3)make fun summer treats gummy bear popsicles or watermelon lemonade?
4)Read a classic Gatsby, Sherlock, pride and prejudice, the Bible……
5)Be crafty sew(i can do that) or cute desk decor!! i’m going to try so hard *no*
6)1 thing on your bucketlist this does NOT include trying every starbucks drink, k?
7)organize your closet for me, this is entertaining, I find some STRANGE old stuff
8)Take daily bike rides it’s a great way to clear your mind and make you feel really good
9)go for a run this is hard, but it’ll make you feel great! your marathons will no longer be just on netflix:)
10)Swim laps at the pool reading in a chair or standing in the water talking isn’t exactly exercise, which won’t feel productive
11)try a summer sport tennis is something I would recommend, and playing with friends is even better
12)rearrange your room changing things around is one of my favorite things to do when it comes to decorating (my room) and it’s nice to mix things up
13)paint a picture not furniture! I can kind of draw, but NOT paint, which is why it would be fun to experiment and try to do something hard
14) Find some good healthy meals to make having a healthier lifestyle is an awesome way to feel better and more productive, so try it this summer!
15)explore your city it’s always fun to find new places, especially historical ones, and hey, adding a little bit of education won’t kill anybody

Embrace this beautiful summer!
xo, Lily


No comments:

Post a Comment